- June 25-29 JMU Wind Energy Content Teaching Academy
- June 18-19 – Small Wind Installers Conference
- June 15 – Renewable Fuels Showcase, JMU
- June 8- WVPT Children's Book Festival
- May 9 - WPA All-States Summit, Chicago
- May 5-8 – AWEA WindPower 2013, Chicago
Wind News in the Region
- James Madison University Selected to Compete in Inaugural DOE National Collegiate Wind Competition
- Middle School Students Compete in 2nd Annual PA KidWind Challenge
- Milestone Cleared for Wind Energy Research Lease Offshore Virginia
- Wind Application Center Valuable Resource for Wind for Schools Partners
- US DOE Wind Program Initiates Inaugural National Collegiate Wind Competition
- Wind for Schools: 124 Installations and Counting
National Wind Coordinating Committee Publication: "Wind Power Facility Siting Case Studies: Community Response"
The case studies document lessons from nine sites that the NWCC’s Siting Workgroup examined in order to determine communities’ reactions to local wind development projects, with the intent of identifying circumstances that distinguish welcomed projects from projects that were not accepted by communities. The NWCC Siting Workgroup was also interested in examining the changes in community perceptions before, during and after project construction, as well as in recognizing what wind project developers can do to address the concerns that often recur at wind project sites.
The direct link to the Wind Power Facility Siting Case Studies: Community Response is available here.