- June 25-29 JMU Wind Energy Content Teaching Academy
- June 18-19 – Small Wind Installers Conference
- June 15 – Renewable Fuels Showcase, JMU
- June 8- WVPT Children's Book Festival
- May 9 - WPA All-States Summit, Chicago
- May 5-8 – AWEA WindPower 2013, Chicago
Wind News in the Region
- James Madison University Selected to Compete in Inaugural DOE National Collegiate Wind Competition
- Middle School Students Compete in 2nd Annual PA KidWind Challenge
- Milestone Cleared for Wind Energy Research Lease Offshore Virginia
- Wind Application Center Valuable Resource for Wind for Schools Partners
- US DOE Wind Program Initiates Inaugural National Collegiate Wind Competition
- Wind for Schools: 124 Installations and Counting
Strategic Wind Outreach Team (SWOT)
The Virginia State Wind Outreach Team (SWOT) aims to increase outreach and education efforts in communities which vary geographically throughout the Commonwealth by engaging stakeholders in outreach events. Outreach efforts by the Virginia Center for Wind Energy (VCWE) are essential to aid wind energy development. These types of efforts provide communities with the tools, resources, and knowledge to become adequately informed about opportunities and barriers to wind power.
As the number of counties increases throughout the Commonwealth that are addressing wind power, the demand on the VCWE at James Madison University to provide expert services is growing. Because SWOT members are located around the state, local residents gain an opportunity to inform people in their community and help dispel misconceptions while providing unbiased, accurate facts about wind energy in Virginia. SWOT members can be anyone interested in wind energy that lives in Virginia.
The support that voluntary SWOT members provide is invaluable to the VCWE because it allows our center the ability to maintain an appropriate level of responsiveness so that we may be more effective at what we do. If you have questions or are interested in becoming a voluntary SWOT member, please email email@example.com or call 540-568-8770.