- June 25-29 JMU Wind Energy Content Teaching Academy
- June 18-19 – Small Wind Installers Conference
- June 15 – Renewable Fuels Showcase, JMU
- June 8- WVPT Children's Book Festival
- May 9 - WPA All-States Summit, Chicago
- May 5-8 – AWEA WindPower 2013, Chicago
Wind News in the Region
- James Madison University Selected to Compete in Inaugural DOE National Collegiate Wind Competition
- Middle School Students Compete in 2nd Annual PA KidWind Challenge
- Milestone Cleared for Wind Energy Research Lease Offshore Virginia
- Wind Application Center Valuable Resource for Wind for Schools Partners
- US DOE Wind Program Initiates Inaugural National Collegiate Wind Competition
- Wind for Schools: 124 Installations and Counting
Landscape Classification System (LCS)
The LCS is a GIS data layer tool that incorporates environmental information into the macro-siting process in regards to utility-scale wind power. The data layers show potential environmental factors for siting a turbine location.
Virginia Renewables Siting Scoring System (VRS3)
This system is an ideal tool for creating wind development zones or for identifying areas where wind development is inappropriate given local planning constraints and community land use objects. The scores created in the process can be used to compare tracts as to their suitability for wind development for community or utility wind.
NextStep Online Calculator
NextStep is an online calculator for residential, commercial, and agricultural landowners to use as a site feasibility tool. It is designed as a prescreening tool to provide an estimate for property owners that enables them to access technical and economic considerations before engaging in costly and time consuming site characterization and analysis.