- June 25-29 JMU Wind Energy Content Teaching Academy
- June 18-19 – Small Wind Installers Conference
- June 15 – Renewable Fuels Showcase, JMU
- June 8- WVPT Children's Book Festival
- May 9 - WPA All-States Summit, Chicago
- May 5-8 – AWEA WindPower 2013, Chicago
Wind News in the Region
- James Madison University Selected to Compete in Inaugural DOE National Collegiate Wind Competition
- Middle School Students Compete in 2nd Annual PA KidWind Challenge
- Milestone Cleared for Wind Energy Research Lease Offshore Virginia
- Wind Application Center Valuable Resource for Wind for Schools Partners
- US DOE Wind Program Initiates Inaugural National Collegiate Wind Competition
- Wind for Schools: 124 Installations and Counting
Virginia Small Wind Incentives Program
STATE GRANTS OFFERED TO INSTALL SMALL WIND TURBINES
Application deadline extended to December 12th 2005.
HARRISONBURG – Landowners interested in obtaining a state grant for the installation of a wind turbine on their property are encouraged to apply through the office of the Virginia Wind Energy Collaborative at James Madison University.
The Virginia Small Wind Incentives Program (VSWIP) seeks to provide clean electric power throughout the commonwealth by making the purchase and installation of small wind turbines more economically feasible for landowners. Seven grants were awarded between 2004 and early 2005 to applicants from Shenandoah, Floyd, Highland, Grayson, Middlesex, and Northumberland Counties with two in Northumberland.
At least three additional grants will be awarded in early December. Awards are capped at $10,000 or 33 percent of installed costs, whichever is less. The deadline for application submission to the program is December 12, 2005. Download an application.
Please direct any further questions to Jeff Briggs at the James Madison University Office of the Virginia Wind Energy Collaborative by phone at (540) 568-8754.