- June 25-29 JMU Wind Energy Content Teaching Academy
- June 18-19 – Small Wind Installers Conference
- June 15 – Renewable Fuels Showcase, JMU
- June 8- WVPT Children's Book Festival
- May 9 - WPA All-States Summit, Chicago
- May 5-8 – AWEA WindPower 2013, Chicago
Wind News in the Region
- James Madison University Selected to Compete in Inaugural DOE National Collegiate Wind Competition
- Middle School Students Compete in 2nd Annual PA KidWind Challenge
- Milestone Cleared for Wind Energy Research Lease Offshore Virginia
- Wind Application Center Valuable Resource for Wind for Schools Partners
- US DOE Wind Program Initiates Inaugural National Collegiate Wind Competition
- Wind for Schools: 124 Installations and Counting
Wind Working Group
The Virginia Wind Working Group (WWG) was established in 2002 according to the Department of Energy’s Wind Powering America Program. The focus of this group is to identify barriers to wind energy development in Virginia and develop solutions to address these barriers. The VA WWG aims to communicate wind opportunities objectively and interact with various stakeholders at the local, state, regional and national levels.
If you have any questions or are interested to learn more about Virginia’s Wind Working Group, please contact us at email@example.com or 540-568-8770.